Wednesday, November 10, 2010

deSigN #147 'Pure in Heart' SOLD




Simon Dewey, born in London, England is well known for cReAtiNg beautiful aNd uplifting images, including those of the Savior, His Life, aNd His Ministry.

Blessed aRe the pure in heart: for they shall see God. ~Mathew 5:8

We know that throughout Christ's ministry He took the tiMe to be with children. Beyond those that were recorded, I am sure there were maNy other teNder moMeNts where these little oNes were blessed by His attention. What impact did these precious interactions have on these impressionable souls?
The siMple gift of a haNdful of flowers fRoM the untainted soul of a child would surely be accepted by the Savior with the love aNd kindness that we have all felt fRoM Him. He was drawn to the children for their innocence, purity, aNd the promise of a beautiful life yet to be lived;
He asked us to be like tHeM again. It is my hope that we can fiNd daily reMiNdeRs to help us to be as a little child bRiNgiNg Him the siMple gift of a pure life, for that is all He asks. ~Simon Dewey


I have traveled aloNg a jourNey in my life that has given me the opportunity to love myself in ways I could never iMagiNe. To recognize my 'Inner Child' aNd heal parts of my spirit that leave me huMbled aNd in Peace.
I stuMbled upon this image that Simon Dewey created aNd knew at soMe poiNt in my life that there would be a moMeNt that this aRt Work of his would impact me aNd leave me waNtiNg to learn moRe.
What I discovered wHeN gazing into the image was that I had forgotten about certain parts of my soul. Areas of my childhood that I forgot to see that aRe beautiful. I was gently reMiNded that I had not been forgotten aNd wasN't aloNe in my journey aNd it was tiMe to heal fRoM within, grow aNd spread my wiNgs.
There is soMetHiNg to be said to Simon's words... "It is my hope that we can fiNd daily reMiNdeRs to help us to be as a little child bRiNgiNg Him the siMple gift of pure life, for that is all He asks."
A 'Key Part' of who I forgot aNd what I desire in my life... to love all of me including that of my childhood. To sHaRe with others what I am learning aNd what bRiNgs me peace. ~Blessed Be

8x8 'ooak' Scrapbook aRt WoRk
Dedicated to my Children, my faiRies,
'entertaining angels unaware'
aNd MotHeR NatuRe
'2010' copyrights of Poeticgarden.com
eBay Item NuMbeR: (300491876043)

3 Comments:

At November 10, 2010 at 3:08 PM , Blogger Kathy Floen said...

Speechless.....beautiful beyond words! ((HUGS))

 
At November 10, 2010 at 8:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Art work is wonderful. Well laid out and the colours are all very nice.
But you have me scratching my head Katie.

 
At November 11, 2010 at 9:36 AM , Blogger Poeticgarden.com said...

tHaNk You, Kathy aNd Teresa. I appreciate your kiNd aNd supportive words always. It means a lot aNd helps me stay driven to do my best with the talents God has given me aNd the iNspiRatioN fRoM my faiRies
~Blessed Be fRoM the 'hobbit house' of poeticgarden.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home